Work Programme – The Activities of Task 42
For this 2019-2021 triennium, the focus of the activities will be on:
- provision of quantitative, scientifically sound, and understandable data on the technical, economic and environmental added-value of biorefining to co-produce bioenergy and bio-products in a sustainable way (Biorefinery Assessment Platform, Biorefinery Fact Sheets, Reports on sustainable lignin valorisation);
- provision of global implementation status, major deployment barriers and market data (Biorefinery Country Reports, Global Biorefinery Status Report, Report on major non-technical deployment barriers, monitoring of international developments in biobased products certification and standardisation);
- provision of an international platform for cooperation and information exchange (Task42 website, newsletters, lectures, webinars, thematic workshop on the role of biomass, bioenergy and biorefining in a Circular Economy, national stakeholder events, training).
The Work programme 2019 – 2021 consists of:
- WP1. Provide quantitative, scientifically sound, and understandable data on the technical, economic and environmental added value of biorefining to co-produce bioenergy and bio-products in a sustainable way.
- WP2. Monitor the biorefineries deployment and market potential, incl. non-technical deployment barriers, in the Circular Economy.
- WP3. Dissemination & Communication.