4 Nov: Task 42 Webinar on Sustainable Lignin Valorisation
November 4, 2021 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Central European Time
The webinar provided an in-depth look at opportunities and challenges of lignin exploitation, emerging trends in research and Development.
Lignin is the second most abundant biopolymer of land-based biomass, with a huge potential as source of many aromatic chemicals and building blocks. Its full exploitation can increase the profitability of many lignocellulosic biorefineries and produce biobased products. Despite the great potential for biobased materials in several industrial sectors, one main obstacle to the full exploitation is the complex structure of technical lignins as part of the natural variability of different biomass feedstocks but also processes induced differences.
The program can be found here.
Click here to view webinar including discussion and questions.
- Isabelle De Bari – Sustainable Lignin Valorisation
- Aristide Giuliano – Sustainable Lignin Valorisation: simulation tools for lignin valorisation
- Dimitrios Ladakis – Process design, techno-economic evaluation and environmental impact of lignin conversion into value-added products
- Heiko Lange – Recurring issues in capitalizing potential lignin valorizations
- Mastrolitti et al – 2021 – Sustainable Lignin Valorization: Technical lignin, processes and market development
|Isabella De Bari
| Aristide Giuliano
Agricultural University of Athens Greece
University of Milan-Bicocca Italy